Unskilled is more fundamental to our students? education than reading. And there’s no recent book has done more to advance our understanding of the neuroscience behind this so-critical skill than David Sousa?s?How the Brain Learns to Read. The author revealed how you can use that information to reach student skill levels and students of all ages.
This second edition has been updated and revised to uncover what ever -growing body of research. Top among the many new hallmark are:
- Strategies to the unique needs of students involve difficulty in learning to read or to interpret
- New chapter on how to teach for awareness and understanding
- Helping the older struggling readers subject area content
- Correlations to Common Core State Standards in Literacy and English/Language Arts
- Links between how brain learn spoken and written language